This has been bothering me for a while. I can't find any partner in for dancing. And I know it has its limitations without a partner. Thus, I am trying so hard to find one.
I used to think 'hmmm... just see how things go', while I hadn't thought about competing. But now, I think it's time to start to gain more experience through competitions, and having no partner is a big problem. All men in studio are taken, yet there are many great female dancers in studio who haven't had a partner. In Chinese we say 轮都轮不到我啦!
Royce, my teacher, used to suggest that we find our own friend who's interested in dancing to come and learn, then take him as our partner. I didn't really bother about that because I seriously don't think any of my friends is interested.
Recently, when I am desperately looking for a partner, Royce reminded me of the same thing again. I started to think who is possible. Of course, I started from my closest network of friends, The Ten. Da da da....... !!!!!!! I thought of HIM!!! Immediately I texted him and asked if he's interested and he gave me a very positive feedback. I was so happy and excited. Though, everything is not confirmed yet, so I can't be over excited.
When I recalled back our past experiences and memories, I can't help feeling too excited to think about it. I believe it will be awesome if he really joins me in dancing. That kind of feeling is simply indescribable. I'm really looking forward to it.
But you see, First of all, he must have the interest for dancing, and be open-minded enough to accept all the unacceptable-for-most-guys' movements, then have the will and commitment of going further by joining competitions. Even if he comes to learn, he has to take some time to catch up, and commitment is a very important thing. Then considering he might go somewhere else to further study. Oh no!!! Everything is so uncertain! I'm thinking too much!!!
What to do? Too desperate to get a partner already... Now I'm praying really hard for all this. Praying that this friend of mine will come and learn, be able to catch up and have the will to compete and stay here forever. Wow~ That's alot to pray for huh?!!
Fine, I can't be worrying that much now. I can't assume and expect too much. So now, just leave everything to God, I am sure He will provide. Chill~~~~!