<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1989709019896635606?origin\x3dhttp://reddishollie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 4:57 PM
Diocesan Young Adults' Conference 2010
Just came back from Diocesan Young Adults' Conference 2010. It was indeed a good experience and I have no regrets sacrificing the Johor and Singapore Dancing Competition for the conference. The itenary was really relaxing, we had only 3 sessions of talk, and one whole afternoon for sight-seeing in Malacca, and a cultural night where participants from different diocese will present their cultural performance. We stayed in a hotel, max 3 persons in a room, had hotel food and freezing hall for assembly. Sounds normal to you? Well, you have to understand that previously we had youth camp instead of young adult conference, in youth camp we don't have air-cond, we eat the don't-know-what-is-it food, we sleep in a dorm which accommodates 20++ ppl, we share bathrooms, we will have tiring outdoor activities from day to night non-stop, really an energetic thing for youngsters. So now you see the differences... LOL

I experienced a totally different thing. To celebrate our diocese 4oth Anniversary, this time, we combined all four chinese, english, tamil and malay boards of West Malaysia Diocese, we even invited Litchfield Diocese, Kuching Diocese, Singapore Diocese and Myanmar Province to join this conference together. Now you see why we had the cultural night... haha~

It's always great to worship God together with so many people, and this time even people from different places all over the world. Though we might be different in skin color, race, gender or nationality, we're one body in Christ, we're one family in Christ, we together raise our hands and open our mouth to praise the Lord. How joyful~!

One of the songs sang in the conference really touched my heart, "Lord, I offer my life to you" by Hillsong.

All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, oh Lord

All my regrets, all my acclaims

The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours


Things in the past, things yet unseen

Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true

All of my heart, all of my praise

My heart and my hands are lifted to you


Lord, I offer my life to you

Everything I've been through

Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice

Lord I offer you my life

What can we give

That you have not given?

And what do we have

That is not already yours?

All we possess

Are these lives we're living

That's what we give to you, Lord


Yes Lord, whatever I have in life, it's all Yours
All the accomplishements, failures, experiences, happiness, sadness, materials I possess in life, now I am offering them to You, and I said all these are what I wanna use it for Your glory. This song really sings into my heart, it touches my heart and it is what I've been doing all this while. Therefore I'm going to make full use of my life, for God, not for myself. I'm gonna praise the Lord for the rest of my life. Following God is a point of no return, even if there is, pls, take it away, cause forever in my life, I'm gonna follow Him. There's no way I would turn my face away from Him. I want, I desperately want, to follow God for my entire life. The desperation for God is more than any others, and really undescribable. I don't know how to tell or describe my love and desperation for God anymore, but God understands me, He listens to me, He knows me. Lord, here I offer my life to You, and everything I've been through, I hope to use it for Your glory, and I wanna praise You, whatever I have, I'm gonna use it as a pleasing sacrifice. Love You, God. Pls, lead me not into temptation, deliver me from evil, let me grow to love You more day by day. Amen.

Ops~ Letz get back to topic :P

Had a really nice walk at Jonker Street, didn't know Malacca has such a nice place with great food and stuff. While the most famous Gurney drive in Penang disappointed me, I didn't expect Jonker street to be such a nice place. Surprisingly I didn't buy anything here except for some local snacks like the Gula Ketuk hehe~ After Jonker Street, my roommate Apple brought me to Dataran Pahlawan. There I met KeiBing because One FM was having a DJ search that. I didn't expect that I would see them there. Then I went to Mahkota Parade again. I guess I've walked through the whole Malacca :P I've been walking from 1pm-6pm, while many others had gone back to hotel at 3-4pm. Haha~ crazy me. Thanks to Apple who brought me around, and Noni who guided us to the wrong way, taking us a longer time to get back to Hotel, such a disaster!

The cultural night was fun too. It would be boring if the MC hadn't made it fun by having some games in between. haha~ The chinese board was lame enough, as we didn't prepare any performance, we just performed a song with sign-language. LOL~

Nothing much about it, the third day we just had our last talk, Holy Communion Service and tata~! Oh well, met Samson and his wife and Suk Yin there. They're such a funny family. Samson and his wife are cute! The way they talked to each other and how Samson bully and made fun of his wife, really =="

Here are some photo :P

sneaked out at night after everything :P


sight-seeing at malacca


Jonker Steet here I come!!!


Visit to Toy Museum


One FM DJs in Dataran Pahlawan


aren't they cute? Found them in Malacca ^O^


nice candy!


Participants from Litchfield, it seemed like they're enjoying our cultural dance very much :D


Chinese Board Performance


Before we leave the hotel :D


the dreamer
9th of Octtober 1990
Female
Malaysian
Chinese
HELP University College
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Damai Perdana Anglican Centre
tdmkytjiehl_lhehltj@hotmail.com


Love:
^-^ God
^-^ music
^-^ dancing
^-^ reading
^-^ sleeping
^-^ shopping
^-^ mushroom
^-^ potato
^-^ euphonium
^-^ red


Dislike:
=[ lizards, snakes,frogs
=[ dirty toilets
=[ strawberries
=[ durians
=[ Japanese culture
=[ pink


sweet dreams
The dreamer wishes to stay in the dream forever

whisper



wandering
past illusions
many thanks
Designer: SPLASH!
Base code: anxiety
Resources: 1 | 2