<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1989709019896635606?origin\x3dhttp://reddishollie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, August 2, 2010, 5:35 PM
Faith Music Mission Trip to Tawau
Before I joined FCC, I never knew the existence of Tawau. Yes, thanks to my poor geography knowledge. Haha~ Ok, Tawau is a small town in Sabah, but a town with great food, trees and ninja everywhere :P

I have seriously never thought that one day I would go to Tawau in my life, neither it’s a place I have thought of visiting for vacation. But last weekend, I took a plane which flew towards Tawau and I couldn’t believe I was indeed landed in this town. Seriously I hadn’t had felt anything until I was back from Tawau.

On Friday morning, we departed at 7.30am by air asia flight. We gathered, we checked-in, we boarded. Few hours later, finally we reached Tawau. What was the most important thing to me while we’re flying off to Tawau in the morning was learning Hakka. Knowing that Tawau people all speak Hakka, being an emcee with a Hakka crowd, I couldn’t ignore the impact of this native language would have on the crowd. I picked up few lines from Jackson, like ‘hi everyone’ and ‘have you eaten?’(the most common Chinese greeting), and ‘do you think my Hakka is good?’ LOL~~~ Thanks Jackson for teaching me! Next thing was definitely to practice my only-know-3-lines Hakka. I kept on talking to the people around me with only these 3 lines. Pastor Khee Vun asked me to not practice till so perfect, otherwise wouldn’t have any effect on the crowd. Well, before boarding I’d actually mastered the 3 lines. Unfortunately after a nap in plane, I totally forgot how to speak… haha~ The others kept correcting me until I could almost get it.

After getting down from plane, we went to St. Patrick’s Church, the biggest Anglican church in Malaysia. Had lunch at the cafeteria and then went on for rehearsal.


Just got down from plane


St Patrick's Churh lorry... came to pick up our luggages


Green green Tawau


St. Patrick's Church Sanctuary


Believe, the taste of this chicken is very different and much nicer :D


after lunch, straight away rehearsal...

The stage was too big as we'd been too used to FCC stage, we now had to get used to the big stage. Many formations had to be expanded, even getting to the centre of the stage was a problem. We had to take a very long time to walk from backstage to the centre of the stage, it was crazy! I practiced for very long on walking out to the centre, if I walked too fast, it wouldn't look nice and I would look clumsy, if I walked too slow, it would take a long time, causing the atmoshpere to be not that exciting. CRAZY! We somehow managed to settle everything during the rehearsal.

It was really tiring and restless. I woke up at 2.30am in the morning to prepare and pick up ppl to airport, then flew to Tawau, settled down at church, had lunch and rehearsal. Moreover, the air-conditioner in the hall wasn't switched on, it was so stuffy and hot while Darren and I kept practicing our lines. After some time, I'd started feeling tired, at one point I even couldn't talk anymore.

Finally around 4.30pm, we'd done with rehearsal. Samentha, Alvin, Gabriel and me followed Shuk Bing home. Thanks Shuk Bing and her parents for taking care of our accomodation and transportation throughout the trip ^^ Our evangelistic concert started at 7.30pm. I felt really nervous and all the lines of my script were so unorganized and messy in my head. I thought I wasn't going to make it. But Thanks God for giving me the strength, I didn't feel extraordinarily panic once I stepped out to the stage with more than 600 crowd. All the lines just came out so naturally. I am happy with my own performance this time :D

After Pastor's sharing, many people came out and responded. It felt really great when I saw that scene. If I'm not mistaken, 2 peopl accepted Christ in the concert. Praise the Lord! Our concert went very smoothly too, everything was good. We did the concert and God did the rest. After the concert, I felt so relieved, because the next two days, I wasn't involved anymore. So me and Darren could have our own sweet time in Tawau without worrying for anything. LOL~~~ After concert, we went for supper, Tawau SEAFOOD!!!!


Darren and I, the second time we partnered up as Emcee, would this be our last time already? :/

After seafood, we went for second round of supper, see this:

What's this? I bet non-Tawau will never know... It's chicken ass!!!! Yes, no kidding. Tawau people love this very much! They fry it and it becomes so crunchy. According to them, it's not the ass hole part, it's the top part, so not dirty one. I have to admit it smells very good, tastes good too, just like the normal popcorn chicken, one thing is it's all fat inside, so the texture is a lil bit... hmmm.... haha~~ it's just not my cup of tea :P


After 2 rounds of supper, the next morning we went for brunch, Tawau 生肉面 don't know what is it called in english, just pork noodle I guess? I actually don't eat pork, but as I heard from them that Tawau pork tastes better so I decided to give it a try. And yes, it's so nice, it didn't have that kind of smell that KL pork would have. so I buy this! :D


Brunch also can have second round ok? Haha~ Then we went for dessert. Darren and Victor they all even went for 香底米粉!!! Heard that it's nice and KL don't have that kind of thing! Wanted to try but too bad we're too late because the 香底米粉 close very early. We who followed Shuk Bing's car were a bit late for brunch, so we didn't get to try 香底米粉 for second round. Instead, we had dessert! Tawau's ABC, very milky but I love it! :P


rehearsal for second day performance


after rehearsal, it's tea time again!!!


nice bun!


Saturday night bilingual service, their tambourine team is huge!


our turn to perform


Sametha sang very well, good job and keep it up!


Sasa has a great voice too!


Xi Le really impressed me! there was a line which she reached very high notes and it sounded like her solo part, but then I couldn't remember there was such a part in this song, I was like: how come for so long I never realized she's got this part in the song? Then I asked her and she said she actually sang wrongly LOL~ but still, it was so impressive! :D


this dumpling is slightly different as they actually fried it and the meat inside also tasted different, but very nice and crispy!


Hakka service, my first time hearing Hakka prayer too, amazing! and worshipping with so many ppl felt good!


it's my first time drinking 3 layers milk tea, and it turned out to be very good! so fragrant and nice! can't find it in KL too! (according to victor the minum kaki :)


Mee soto, also my first time. Added prawn balls and chicken. It tasted quite normal at the beginning, but after adding the lime and their special chili sauce, oh no.. it became so delicious!!! *slurp*


After that we went to Tinagat, seaside. It's a beautiful place, though it's not that clean. Still we had a very good fellowship there... I suppose? :/


Thanks Joyceline for taking few photo with me, cause by the time I went down to join them, they're about to go back already :P


oh and I bought this super nice keropok from Tawau! one of the food that I never wanna miss! Due to baggage limitation, the super kind and nice Joyceline actually helped me to bring back! I feel so thankful!!!! thank you, Joyceline!!!!


In Tawau airport, going back to KL. Bye Tawau! It's indeed a nice trip :D

I feel so thankful that God provided us with everything. Although the air ticket was really expensive, but our transportation and accomodation were taken care of, without charges. Moreover, almost every meal, we're treated by church members, some more it's very good food. I didn't have to spend alot in Tawau. I'm truly blessed by God and also St. Patrick's church members. Thanks God and Praise the Lord!


the dreamer
9th of Octtober 1990
Female
Malaysian
Chinese
HELP University College
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Damai Perdana Anglican Centre
tdmkytjiehl_lhehltj@hotmail.com


Love:
^-^ God
^-^ music
^-^ dancing
^-^ reading
^-^ sleeping
^-^ shopping
^-^ mushroom
^-^ potato
^-^ euphonium
^-^ red


Dislike:
=[ lizards, snakes,frogs
=[ dirty toilets
=[ strawberries
=[ durians
=[ Japanese culture
=[ pink


sweet dreams
The dreamer wishes to stay in the dream forever

whisper



wandering
past illusions
many thanks
Designer: SPLASH!
Base code: anxiety
Resources: 1 | 2