<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1989709019896635606?origin\x3dhttp://reddishollie.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, September 20, 2010, 7:55 PM
I do not only do latin dancing...
I started doing Latin Dancing since a year ago, I could still remember the date surprisingly, because that was during my exam period. It was 27th of July 2009, I attended my first class. Till now, it's been more than a year. Looking back to the 1 year, I think I've done quite a lot. I took part in 4 competitions, 2 Beginners, 4 Ladies Events. I did 6 performances for HELP's events, and I got the chance to get involved in a drama production because of dancing (though only a background dancer :p), I also took 1 dancing exam.

Seriously, it's only 1 year. I have only been doing latin dancing for 1 year, I personally think it's really short. But many people recognize me as 'the girl who dances latin'. Probably It's because I post many photo of my dancing events to facebook.

Many people have neglected the fact that I am also a tambourine dancer. Ok, it's not any common dance, it's a dance used in Church. Letz see this, I am still quite new in latin dancing, I don't call myself a latin dancer yet, I often say I do latin dancing only. But I call myself a tambourine dancer, not because I think I'm skilled in it, but I see myself as a dancer in God's kingdom, I wanna devote dancing to God. I wish to use dancing to worship God, I hope to worship God with my dancing.

Sometimes people recognize me more as 'a girl who does latin dancing', even people in the church. Well, I can understand people who are not from my church wouldn't know I am a tambourine dancer, but how about people from the church? They would have known that I also dance tambourine, and I started it even before Latin!

It seems like I have to announce and declare it once again, I AM A TAMBOURINE DANCER!!!

Well, after all, I sure know I wasn't doing a good job in tambourine dancing. The first time I got into tambourine dancing was like 9-10 years ago? When I was 11, if I'm not mistaken, in Assembly of God. I picked up some basics there, then soon I stopped cause I wasn't going to church anymore. In 2007, I started it again in Emmanuel Church, there I learnt more steps instead of just basics. Until 2008, when I left Emmanuel, I went to FCC, and I wanted to continue, so I joined the tambourine team. From there, I learnt even more advanced steps, well as compared to what I learnt previously I mean... still not very advanced, just more varieties.

Due to some issues, I stopped dancing tambourine in the church since 2009. Then I put in all my time for latin dancing. But I still dance tambourine occasionally. I actually miss tambourine dancing. Really... it's been almost 1 year I stopped. I always want to continue. I wanna continue to worship God with dancing, with what I have, with what God has given me. Everytime when we do praise and worship in sunday service, instead of just singing, I always feel like worshipping with dancing too. I wanna worship God with everything I have! I can feel that I've started to forget some of the steps... I can feel that I can't dance tambourine like how I did last time. I really wanna start doing it again!!!

Tambourine, I miss you!!!! >.<


Traditional dance by the tambourine team in FCC


we in our dancing costume... can't find any photo of me dancing tambourine yet, but I promise soon I'll have at least one!!!


My tambourine ;) I actually have two sets of ribbons, but I'm thinking to DIY another one :P


the dreamer
9th of Octtober 1990
Female
Malaysian
Chinese
HELP University College
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Damai Perdana Anglican Centre
tdmkytjiehl_lhehltj@hotmail.com


Love:
^-^ God
^-^ music
^-^ dancing
^-^ reading
^-^ sleeping
^-^ shopping
^-^ mushroom
^-^ potato
^-^ euphonium
^-^ red


Dislike:
=[ lizards, snakes,frogs
=[ dirty toilets
=[ strawberries
=[ durians
=[ Japanese culture
=[ pink


sweet dreams
The dreamer wishes to stay in the dream forever

whisper



wandering
past illusions
many thanks
Designer: SPLASH!
Base code: anxiety
Resources: 1 | 2